The International Youth Foundation is implementing a program called “Youth Action Net”, whose purpose is to support young people seeking to implement positive changes in their countries or communities.
Each year the Foundation chooses 20 outstanding community leaders. These young people have the chance to meet with representatives of international and national agencies, as well as non-governmental organizations; they are able to participate in special training sessions on key issues such as communications planning, media support, presentation skills and innovative use of new technologies.
The requirements for applicants are:
– Age 18 to 29 years (October 2011);
– To be a founder / co-founder of an existing organization or project, within an organization leadership – leading to social change;
– Proficiency in English;
– They must be able to participate in a course, which will take place in the first half of October 2011 (all expenses related to participation paid by the Fund);
Those wishing to participate in the program have to fill in an on-line application.
They must attach a video, dedicated to his/her organization (or project within it).
The video has to answer the following questions:
– What are the objectives you set for yourself and what inspired you to work?
– What are the activities of your organization?
– How do you see your organization / project in 5 years?
Video length – up to two and a half minutes.
For additional questions, it is possible to contact by e-mail: [email protected]
Deadline – March 11, 2011
For those who want to fill the online application: